Follow Us On Facebook
Supported Employment services provide supports to persons with developmental disabilities in getting and keeping employment. Person centered planning is used to identify jobs and a career that best match individual skill, talent and interest.
- Paid work in a variety of community businesses
- Opportunities to work alongside non-disabled coworkers
- Ongoing job site support, training and advocacy
- Transportation assistance to and/or from work
- MSSCA works in partnership with the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) to help individuals meet their career goals.
- MSSCA owns and operates Clear Vu Janitorial which provides high quality janitorial services for local businesses and offers employment opportunities and needed commercial services for our community.
Services are available for individuals meeting the definition of intellectual or developmental disability as found in AS 47.80.900(6)(A-E) and found eligible for State of Alaska, Senior and Developmental Disabilities grant or waiver funding.
Sources of Funding:
- State of Alaska, Division of Senior and Disabilities Services (SDS) Grant
- Medicaid Home and Community Based Waiver (HCBW)
- Private Pay
Costs of services paid for through SDS Grant or Medicaid HCBW. Individuals must first be selected or “drawn” for SDS Grant funding or Medicaid HCBW by the State of Alaska, SDS.