Contact Information1225 W. Spruce Ave.
Wasilla, Alaska 99654 Office Hours:Mon-Fri 8am to 5pm
Follow us on Facebook!
Follow Us On Facebook
Respite services provide short-term, temporary relief for family members/caretakers from meeting the ongoing challenges of caring for individuals with developmental disabilities at home.
Respite often is a stress reducer for families especially during busy/hectic times or crisis.
- In-home respite provided in the home of the family needing relief
- Companion respite involving the consumer and provider attending a community event
- Out of home respite provided in the home of a licensed provider
- Overnight respite provided in the home of a provider for time periods longer than 16 hours
- Respite providers are selected by the family and receive training from the agency and the family.
Respite services are available for individuals meeting the definition of intellectual or developmental disability as found in AS 47.80.900(6)(A-E) and found eligible for State of Alaska, Senior and Developmental Disabilities grant or waiver funding.
Sources of Funding:
- State of Alaska, Division of Senior and Disabilities Services (SDS) Grant
- Medicaid Home and Community Based Waiver (HCBW)
- United Way Grant
- Mat-Su Borough Grant
- Private Pay
Costs of services paid for through SDS Grant or Medicaid HCBW. Individuals must first be selected or “drawn” for SDS Grant funding or Medicaid HCBW by the State of Alaska, SDS.