Contact Information1225 W. Spruce Ave.
Wasilla, Alaska 99654 Office Hours:Mon-Fri 8am to 5pm
The Car Seat Safety program provides free monthly car seat safety checks to the public.
These clinics provide information about choosing the proper car seat or booster seat for your child along with hands-on instruction about proper installation, correct use and other factors important to safe car seat usage. A limited number of car seats are available at a reduced cost for families after receiving proper training.
- Monthly car seat clinics
- Community car seat checks (call 352-1229 for appointment)
- Car seats available at a reduced cost based on a sliding fee scale
- Training for Car Seat Technician
(contact Gwen Teutsch for more information about becoming a technician and about upcoming classes in the area.)
Anyone who is transporting a child from birth to age 16 years. Children under 40 lbs should be in a car seat. Children over 40 lbs should be in a booster seat until at least age 8.
See AS 28.05.095(B)(1-5) for details about Alaska’s laws on Child Passenger Safety.
Sources of Funding:
- Alaska Highway Safety Office
- Mat-Su Health Foundation – Healthy Communities
- Training and car seat checks are provided at no cost.
- Car seats available on a reduced cost based on a sliding fee