Nursing services through MSSCA are provided to children and adults with complex medical conditions, so that individuals may continue to reside in their homes in lieu of nursing facility placement.
- Meet with individuals and families to assess potential eligibility for services
- Provide technical assistance and training to families and staff providing direct support
- Develop a plan of care to address ongoing medical issues to maintain an optimal level of health
- Monitor the quality of services delivered
- Evaluate service outcomes
Sources of Funding:
- Medicaid Home and Community Based Waiver (HCBW)
- Private Pay
Costs of services paid for through Medicaid HCBW. Individuals must first be selected or “drawn” for a Medicaid HCBW by the State of Alaska, SDS.